It was MT-glee yesterday as music’s biggest superstars turned Belfast into an all-night party zone on a night to remember. After more than 158 million votes! The winners of MTV EMA 2011 are the following:
- Lady Gaga leaved Belfast carrying 4 awards (Best Female, Best Song, Best Video και Biggest Fan).
- 30 Seconds To Mars were voted as the “Best Alternative Artist” as well as the “Best World Stage”.
- Justin Bieber was chosen as the “Best Male” and “Best Pop” artist, while Bruno Mars was voted as “Best Push” and “Best New”.
- As far as Eminem’s award collection is concerned, he is going to add the “Best Hip Hop” award.
- Katy Perry showed once more that she is the beloved one of EMAs as she won once more the “Best Live” award.
- The “Best Rock”award went to the Linkin Park , while
- the Korean band Big Bang proved they can rock everywhere by getting the best “Worldwide Act” award.
- Last but not least the Queen won the “Global Icon” award!!!
Throughout the day there were scenes of hysteria in the city centre as thousands of Justin Bieber fanatics forced police to close down streets as “Beliebers” laid siege to his hotel. The 17-year-old star spent the eve of the show having dinner with his girlfriend, show host Selena Gomez, and Lady Gaga at the Culloden.
Inside the Odyssey 8,000 music fanatics lapped up the spectacular show – as one billion viewers tuned in around the world. Acts including the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bieber, Bruno Mars and Coldplay were among those to light up the stage with energetic performances. The day of the show, black market tickets were changing hands at £600-a-pair. Thousands more packed into bars and clubs around the city to watch special screenings of the show as the excitement hit fever pitch.
Backstage Justin declared he’d had an “awesome” visit to the city. He added: “I couldn’t believe all the fans would came out for me. “When I went into the Merchant Hotel on Saturday night it was chaos. There were hundreds of fans and cops holding them back – I didn’t expect that. “It’s my first time here and I’ll definitely be back again. I love the place and all the Beliebers.”
Bruno Mars also paid tribute: “It’s been an incredible weekend. “This place has some incredible scenery and the food is amazing. I think I’ve put on 10 pounds since I came here.”
Katy Perry, who picked up the Best Live gong, added: “I was really nervous about tonight. The MTV Awards are such a big thing. But I’ve had great fun in Belfast. It’s been an amazing trip. The party atmosphere is amazing.”
Between performances stars were indulged back stage in the lap of luxury with the finest champagnes, massages and gourmet food. And on the red carpet, music giants such as Jason Derulo mingled with models Bar Refaeli and Jade Thompson as well as Snooki and JWOWW from Jersey Shore.
Stunner Katy took over three dressing rooms for her extensive wardrobe collection while show host Selena Gomez invited boyfriend Bieber to hang out in her private room before taking to the stage.
The Europa Hotel hosted the official MTV after-show party where 700 VIP revelers were treated to free cocktails, Michelin star food and four different “themed” zones. Fleets of limousines were on 24/7 standby to whisk stars and their entourages to any venue of their choice as the hottest clubs battled to get the biggest names.
Katy, who was up for four awards including Best Single and Best Female, was a pink lady – matching the carpet by wearing a pink jacket and skirt, with hair in a similar tone.
For the ones that were not among the lucky ones to be there, well enjoy the slideshow!!!!